Information that We Collect
Information that You Provide to Us
- Registration Information. When you register for the Service or sign up to receive newsletters or other communications from us, we may collect your personal information, such as your name, email address, or other contact information, photograph, the subject area and grade level that you teach, your instructional competencies, and the geographic region where you teach.
- User Content. Uppercase allows users to provide teaching knowledge, advice, curriculums, or other teaching-related materials (“Teaching Materials”), messages, inputs, reviews, photos, video or audio (including sound or voice recordings and musical recordings embodied in the video or audio), images, folders, data, text, and any other works of authorship or other works (collectively, and together with Teaching Materials, “User Content”). We will collect your User Content when you provide it to the Service.
- Payment Information. When you subscribe to the Service, or otherwise pay for our products or services, or when you receive payment from us (if applicable), we may collect your payment information, such as your credit or debit card number, expiration date, and security code, as well as your name and contact information.
- Other Information You Provide to Us Directly. We may collect any other information that you provide directly to us, for example, when you communicate with us or respond to surveys.
Please note that we may also collect your name, email address, and other contact information from other users of the Service when such other users refer you to receive an invitation from us to join the Service.
Information Collected Automatically
When you access or use the Service, we or our third-party service providers may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, such as: (a) details about your interaction with the Service, including traffic data, location data, logs, the date and time of your activities on the Service, the URLs of websites you visit before and after navigating to the Service, the links you click, and searches conducted; and (b) information about your computer and internet connection, including your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, hardware and software attributes, and browser type. The technologies that we or our third-party service providers may use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Logs. When you access the Service, your information may be automatically collected through server logs or applications that recognize your device and gather information about its online activity.
- Web Beacons. The Service or the emails that you receive from us may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) and similar technologies that allow us or our service providers to determine, for example, whether you have opened a particular email or visited a certain page within the Service.
How We Use Information
We may use the information that you provide to us or that we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To provide the Service, process any transactions you request, fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with us, and for any other purpose related to managing our business.
- To communicate with you, including responding to your questions, comments, and requests; providing information about your account, customer service support, or administrative messages; or providing information about the Service, marketing messages, or other news about us.
- To monitor and analyze usage, trends, and activities in connection with the Service.
- To improve, personalize, and increase the functionality of the Service.
- In any other way that we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How We Share Information
- Other Users. We are a platform that facilitates the sharing of knowledge and information among educators. Your User Content and any information contained in your profile may be shared with other users of the Service. We are not responsible for your User Content or the information contained in your profile, we do not review or monitor such information before it is submitted or posted to the Service and shared with other users.
- Service Providers. We use third-party service providers to help us develop, operate, maintain, and promote the Service, including processing payments, hosting and processing data, and conducting analytics related to the Service. We may share your information with these service providers or allow such third parties to collect information on our behalf for the purposes described in this Policy. We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties, or otherwise allow third parties to access your information except for in accordance with this Policy.
- Legal Processes. We may disclose your information if (a) we are required to do so by law or a court order, subpoena, or other legal processes, or we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so, (b) we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, enforce our agreements and policies, or defend against legal claims, or (c) to investigate, prevent, and take action regarding suspected fraud, illegal activities, or threats to our users, our property, or the property or safety of any person or third party.
- Business Transitions. We may disclose your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets or capital stock, financing or acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, consolidation, or similar transaction.
- Aggregated Information. We may share aggregated information about our users, including demographic and usage information, with third parties. Such information does not identify individual users.
Your Privacy Choices and Opt-Out Rights
You can stop all further collection of your information by ceasing to access the Service or terminating your account. You can terminate your account at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon termination, your User Content will be deleted from the Service; however, please note that any content created by the Service or other users that is derived from or inspired by your Teaching Materials will not be removed when you terminate your account. For example, if you shared a lesson plan with the Service, and your lesson plan was modified and saved by another user, the modified lesson plan would not be deleted upon termination of your account. You can also opt out of promotion messages or newsletter subscriptions by emailing us at email@example.com or following the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. If you unsubscribe from promotional messages or newsletters, you will still receive administrative messages from us.
We use reasonable security measures to protect your information from loss or unauthorized access, use or deletion. However, no security measures are 100% secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. In the event of a security beach that involves your information, we will provide users with notice in accordance with applicable laws.
Links to Other Websites
The Service may contain links to other sites or applications of third parties. Please note that these sites and applications have their own privacy policies. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party sites or applications, or the information you share with them. This Policy applies solely to the information collected through your interaction with the Service.
The Service is not directed to users under the age of 18, and we do not use the Service to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 18. If you believe that a child under the age of 18 has given us personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take steps to delete that information.
We may update this Policy from time to time. We will notify you of any material changes by posting the revised Policy on our site, including an effective date for the revised Policy. We encourage you to consult this Policy regularly for any changes. Your continued use of the Service is deemed acceptance of any changes to this Policy.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com with the subject line “Attn: Privacy”.